CHICKPEA JUBILLE // ATIS RECIPE
Jubilee Coronation Chickpea
Celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with our delicious vegan chickpea recipe.
Our recipe plays with the traditional flavours of a coronation dressing and is delicious with a crisp green salad sandwich filling, piled on top of a jacket potato. If you’d prefer you can swap out the coconut yogurt for thick greek yogurt for a non vegan but equally delicious dish.
400g tin of good quality chickpeas (240g drained)
160g vegan coconut yogurt
10g Curry powder
1 TBSP fresh lemon or lime juice
50g mango chutney
1 TSP vegan worcester sauce,
to taste dry chilli flakes (Optional)
to taste salt and pepper
10 red grapes
2 spring onion Spring onion
A small handful of coriander
50g toasted flaked or chopped almonds
- Place the coconut yoghurt, curry powder, lemon or lime juice, mango chutney and Worcester sauce into a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the yoghurt mixture. Gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Trim and slice the spring onion into slivers, slice the grapes in half and pick off the coriander leaves from the stalks and roughly chop. Reserve a little of each to use as a garnish and stir the rest carefully through the chickpea mixture so the grapes stay whole.
- Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle over the remaining grapes, coriander and spring onions.
- Finally, garnish with the toasted almonds.
Enjoy our twist on the retro classic this weekend!